Deb's Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want to do a RECIPE CIRCLE JOURNAL?????

+8
kylie3
Ohl68
adnchic
eiramnelle
SkyeMJ
kirstiegai
Debmitchell
Crafty Cat
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Anyone want to do a RECIPE CIRCLE JOURNAL????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want to do a RECIPE CIRCLE JOURNAL?????

Post by eiramnelle Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:13 pm

oh thanks shez, that would be so good if that was to happen...its only a three week period that i have study and exams, but i may need something to procrastinate with. will see how i go closer to the date Smile
eiramnelle
eiramnelle
Challenge Chic Member- Top Chatter-Chat your ears off lol!

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://www.eiramnelle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to do a RECIPE CIRCLE JOURNAL????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone want to do a RECIPE CIRCLE JOURNAL?????

Post by SkyeMJ Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Shez, dont forget to set aside a seding period in between the time we have each journal.

When i started mine I did a roster for the girls and allocated a week for sending in between each round.
On a few of the other CJ swaps, people havejust sent them whenever they finished their page, and some people end up with 3 or 4 journals at their house and some people with none.

If you want it to run smoothly, you realistically need to set out a fortnight with each journal, then a week for sending.
I started mine on SM back in May, and we wont be getting them back until Feb next year (thats 3 weeks with each journal plus one week for sending - plus because it will run over christmas, I allocated an extra week for people who might be going away in that round).

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose in - let me know if you want me to mind my business!
SkyeMJ
SkyeMJ

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://skyemj.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crafty Cat Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:47 am

Skye your input is fine I need all the advice you can give, especially as you are doing one, by the looks of the responses, looks like it will be a small journal so wont take us as long as your one, but when you get yours it will be so fabulous!

Hugs Lovey!
Crafty Cat
Crafty Cat
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://sherryl-artist-at-work-and-play.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eiramnelle Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:04 am

i have decided i would like to have a book full of cocktails/mocktails, so I hope everyone can put in several recipes for me to try out (as well as any special things you like to do with your recipes/any hints to making a good cocktail)

drunken (hope to be like this after i road-test the recipes at the end of the CJ Smile
eiramnelle
eiramnelle

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://www.eiramnelle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adnchic Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 am

Hi Shez, hope you dont mind me calling you that.... Do you know who is setting the first recipe book theme. It may already be on the forum somewhere but Im a bit of a snail finding my way round all the posts. ta Chicky. P.S you can call me that!!! lol!
adnchic
adnchic

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Crafty Cat Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 am

LOL Elle ... I have a brilliant cocktail book and I also have some tried and tested (hic hic hic) homemade Baileys and Karlua (sp) recipes I might share with you, lol.

Chicky, you are very welcome to call me Shez. Anything to do with this post you will find here Darl ... The theme is up to you on what you want in your own journal and we will abide by your rules, you make your own theme, mine is going to be everything from sweet to nice, my theme is Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice .. meaning you can put anything in my journal from sweet to nice and that means sweet, entree and main meals and in the introduction page I will say what I would like. Hope this helps darl, if not, PM me and I will try and clarify it better for you.

I will leave this message for just a little while to see if anyone else wants to join, then I will email you with further instructions.

Cheers
Shez xx
Crafty Cat
Crafty Cat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyeMJ Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 pm

I'm going to do desserts.... I have the sweetest sweet tooth in all of sweetoothia so I think it's quite apt!
SkyeMJ
SkyeMJ

Number of posts : 295

http://skyemj.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 pm

O.k Guys Bit slow on the uptake here But can i join in or is it too late..
This sounds great i love cooking and so does hubby..

Luvs kylie bom
kylie3
kylie3
Challenge Chic- big time chatter he...he!

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:35 pm

No you are not late Darl, This 1 hasn't started yet as Shezzy is still planning it & will be great for you to share your yummy recipes with us! Razz YUM he..he!!!

Hugz

Deb pig the porker....mmmmm.....pork...
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1025

https://debmitchell.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 pm

anything to do with food has me in.... Yum Yums

Kylie bom
kylie3
kylie3

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Do you have the ferral pigs out there Kylie?
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crafty Cat Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:11 pm

Welcome aboard Kylie .. this is going to be a fabulous fun journal fill of lots of yummy recipes!

The plan of attack is that we can now start making our front, back, sign in page and instruction page of what recipes you want and what theme/style you would like for your journal. I have a friend arriving from NZ today for nearly 2 weeks so wont be able to start mine until after then, sorry ladies been busy with my sister's album and all the challenges, so we will be kicking off closer to the end of the month of August. We might get a couple more of board too, hopefully. I will check back here over the next two weeks. I will email you who you are to send off your journal too and the time frame to complete and thanks Skye I will allow postage time too. Please PM your recipient to get her details once you know.

Cheers
Sherryl
Crafty Cat
Crafty Cat
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Yes Deb we do have ferral pigs and Bloody Dingos.Jas and bailey go pig chasing alot on the weekends we have a lot of gorge country that the pigs love so keeps the boys busy..

Love K
kylie3
kylie3

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:48 am

Ohh the would be heaps of fun- love pig shooting! Very Happy
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:55 am

another exciting thing is a couple of weekends ago I passed my gun license test and Jas got his pistol licence so very soon we are off to Brisbane so Jas can buy a pistol.. bom
kylie3
kylie3

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:56 am

Opps!!! Why do country people love pig shooting- they are a ferral intrdoced species causing millions of $$$$ in losses to our farmers & Graziers. People like Kylie & Myself & any other CCs that have been on or are on properities would know & understand this- Policy is- Only good Pig is a Dead one! I haven't been pig shooting for ages & have no regreats about doing it either! Very Happy Just like we need to stop the Kane Toads- yukky beasty things they are! I won't tell you how I kill them- lost a couple of pure bred Blue cattle dogs to them- so I think you can guess death for them comes when I am ready! Evil or Very Mad
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 am

woo hoo Kyles- good on you Babe- Kyles the Hitman lol! & Jas- her offsider lol!
I handed in my 223 when the government changed all the gun laws Rolling Eyes
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:09 am

Hey talking about cane toads years ago my little cousins used to catch them and put them in onion bags and we would then put them in the cold room and when the transport truck came would send them to the Townsville Uni and the lil boys would get 50cents a toad over a certain size..

That was when we were way up in the gulf but it was fun..Would you beleive in summer we get the odd toad here but yep he don't last long...

Cheers Kylie bom
kylie3
kylie3

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:17 am

lol! Oh gad thet are out where you are too Kyles- aren't they awful! My boys used to hone their cricket batting skills on them lol! My Uncle- well 1 of them ties them by their legs to the clothes line & soins the ruddy be gingies out of it-- that is so funny to watch when he puts them on the ground! Very Happy These terrible creatures are killing off our beautiful green tree frogs & I love the frogs so much- will do what ever it takes to protect them lol!
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie3 Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:12 am

I am so with you girl.. Bailey has a pet green frpg that lives under the front patio his name is Bruce and he is huge..

Luvs Kylie bom
kylie3
kylie3

Back to top Go down

Post by lkamphuis Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 pm

We get them in our driveway here and we get the "whomping willow"- aka a cricket bat and one fell smack to the back of the head - we keep a tally board on the fridge. I lost any feeling for the little %^$#& after I found one in my dogs water bowl!!
Sorry of that offends anyone - I am tipping if you feel sorry for them - you dont have them as a pest!!
No feral pigs except for the kids

Lisak - hater of cane toads
lkamphuis
lkamphuis

Number of posts : 392

http://www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:28 pm

No offence taken here darl- awful horrid things they are! Twisted Evil
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Bruce lol! love that name for a frog! lol!
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:08 pm

I would love to join this, hope im not too late
amanda73
amanda73

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:10 pm

It has'nt started yet Amanda, so you are in Darl- this 1 will be starting when Shezzy is back from her little break Very Happy
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next