Deb's Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi..i am new

+5
Trish
Debmitchell
vicmbee
adnchic
Mandy
9 posters

Go down

Hi..i am new Empty Hi..i am new

Post by Mandy Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

Hi there...found this website thru TBSS site...love looking at other peoples layouts...love it!!! I have been into alot of crafts, but started scrapping 7 years ago when my twins were 6 months old. I didn't really bond with them as we nearly lost them...so felt emotionally numb to them. My friend introduced me to scrapping and it was an amazing journey for me to look at the first 6 months of their lives through relaxed eyes. I fell in love with scrapping and my twins.. thy went through so much...they are little heroes!!!. I have been very busy with them and haven't scrapped for a while really...i am really enjoying it again. I have 6 kids all up and am a stay at home mum... home school a son with an illness and am a mad woman the rest of the time keeping up with my kids!!! Sorry for long post...oh yeah, and a hubby who does housework too!!!Looking forward to discovering this site!!!

Mandy
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Hi..i am new Empty Re: Hi..i am new

Post by adnchic Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 am

Welcome Mandy, Great to have you on board Hun.look forward to meeting your precious bundles of Joy in your LO's. 6 kids girl!!! Are you crazy lol!
Dont worry your post is relativley short and sweet when you put it next to my lifes tale. lol! I too used scrappin as part of a healing process, it works wonders.

Good luck keeping up with all the posts!!! Quite a chatty bunch we are. Rolling Eyes Very Happy

adnchic xxoo
adnchic
adnchic
Challenge Chic Member- Top Chatter-Chat your ears off lol!

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:19 am

Well...they certainly aren't bundles anymore...they are aged 18, Jess..15 Cam...13 Lach...9 Connor and Jacob and Maddie 7...and yes...it was a marvelous healing process for me...gotta remember to scrap as many pages for the other kids too though!!! Always wanted a large family...came from one and love it.

Mandy
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Back to top Go down

Post by vicmbee Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:52 am

Hi mandy welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing more of your LO's and kids on them and chatting with you.

Vicki
vicmbee
vicmbee
Challenge Chic- big time chatter he...he!

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi ya Mandy- Hun I can so relate to you with the bonding with your twins! Wink After Brody was Born- now 4, I had trouble bonding with him as it was touch & go with him & he was in the Special Care Nursery for a little while- The way I looked at it & couldn't get past the feeling- of loosing him & to protect myself from the hurt, I just couldn't seem to bond with him. He was an emergency delivery by C- section as he wasn't receiving oxygen & had stopped moving- they now seem to think that is what has caused his Autism. It took 6 months to bond with him! I don't care what people think of me for it as I just couldn't help how I felt- I was told I had PND! Shocked Luckily Brody's father loved him unconditionally & they share such a wonderful closeness & Brods gives me the flick once his Dad is home from work lol!
I really do feel for women that have been through this as they are so mis-judged & no-one knows what it is like unless you have actually experienced it! We are supposed to be dotting wonderful mothers & frowned upon if you aren't Sad Through it all, most of us come out on the other side full of love & protection for our child- they say children have so much love to give- well so does a mother who has been through this, makes us stronger, & the love we have would stop the world fighting with each other!

Welcome to the Challenge Chics Darl

Hugz

Deb Very Happy
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1025

https://debmitchell.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trish Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:37 pm

A big welcome from me the Grabdma Grandma of the group...well the old duck affraid !...LOL.
I am short in my intros and comments,but care just the same,hugs to you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Trish
Trish

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the forum of CC. I great place to meet lovely women and enjoy some fun and laughter.

Ange
Angie
Angie

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by G3 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Mandy. Welcome to the forum. Hope to chat with you soon
G3
G3

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi Mandy, welcome, 6 kids, i wont call you crazy for having 6 cos so do i, mine are all boys and are alex 15, tim 14, jesse 12, ethan 10, matthew 9 and my baby connor is 3 next month, i feel for you deb, ethan was in special care for 2 weeks after he was born its the worst feeling going home without your baby it took me a while to bond with him too, he just didnt feel like mine, so when connor went to special care i was prepared for it but it doesnt make it any easier. looking forward to seeing your layouts and your kids mandy
amanda73
amanda73

Number of posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi there...thanks for the welcome everyone.
Deb...my twins were in special care for 5 weeks...born 10 weeks early...took them home and 3 weeks later Jacob stopped breathing at home...gave mouth to mouth...called ambo and taken to hospital...took 5ish hours to stabilise him and he was taken by NETS to westmead children hospital...he was on life support...and dying before my very eyes...Maddie crashed 24 hours later and she was on life support...Jacob and Maddie both had Many life and death situations..it's not fun seeing your child dark blue and reciving heart massage...nor is it fun saying goodbye to your daughter and being asked if we want her christened and on several different ventilators to "see if it works".!!! but after 4 weeks we were back home with our two little miracles, and we were told that by the Drs too...we look at the positives in life now and deal with the medical implications of it all a day at a time...boy, sorry again...long post...but good to vent...deb i have a friend who the same thing happened and her son is autistic too...
And I reckon we more likely had post traumatic stress...not PND...had that and different to PTS

Mandy
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:16 pm

ethan my 10 year old, went to hospital at 9 wks with RSV a respiratory virus after a week in hospital had to be transfered to Royal chidrens in bris, when we got to the logan hosp before he was transfered they were pumping the air into him(omg how scary) he was in ICU for 8 days spent the whole month in hosp then in and out for whole first yr, but it is good when they put it all behind them and get better
amanda73
amanda73

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 pm

I so agree with you Darl & after years of working in a hospital myself, I have seen many heartbreaking situations. My heart goes out to you for what you went through & you situation was much worse then mine as Brody spent 2 weeks in the SCN. Yes I know other other little kids like Brody's situation at birth & they are Autistic as well! In a way, I blame myself for what has happened to him- I sit & watch him & the tears flow down my face with the thoughts of what if I had reacted sooner & he was delivered earlier- then maybe he wouldn't be like this. It's a daily thing I deal with Sad silent
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:56 pm

i know how you feel deb, i was told my 14 year olds behaviour problem was more than likely caused by his stressful birth, he was almost a stillborn due to the hospitals negligence ( i warn people dont have a natural birth at the logan) he was nearly 4 weeks overdue, i went to hospital for about the 6th time in labour, they said youre not in labour go home and come back in 8 days and will induce if nothing has happened, well i jumped up and down and said im not leaving without a baby, this was 7.15am, they put me in a room reluctantly, and about 9.30pm they had to take me to birthing because yes i was in labour and then at 10pm decided to do a caesar because i was only 1 cm dilated and he was going into fetal distress when they got him out they took 20mins to get him breathing, they said youre lucky to have him, i said no youre lucky ive got him cos if my kid died they would get their arses sued
amanda73
amanda73

Back to top Go down

Post by lkamphuis Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:30 pm

Oh my - you ladies are bringing a tear to my eye. I feel guilty saying all my kids were Birth centre babies - delivered by midwives and my longest labour was 4 and a half hours, and I come home to my own private nurse ( my Husband!! But for someone who was having NO children at 28 - here i am with four and I still wonder how they all got here!
I guess the important thing is that we are all lucky to have our kids - so many cant have one at all and I think that must be soul destroying if it is what you really want!
Lisak
lkamphuis
lkamphuis

Number of posts : 392

http://www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 pm

oh, lisa, i am so jealous of your quick labours, my 1st was 11hrs then caesar, 2nd was 24hrs then caesar, and the last 4 were elective caesars because after 2 they wouldnt let me try natural again and to tell you the truth after my second i didnt want a natural birth all i wanted was a healthy bub
amanda73
amanda73

Back to top Go down

Post by Debmitchell Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:31 am

Oh the joys of labor lol! Shocked No affraid Ist- 18 hours solid pain- natural birth Shocked 2nd 1- 22 hours- wanted to kill self! bom 3rd 1- 5 hours with drug inducement- wanted to murder my own self or anyone else would have done just as fine! Shocked 4th 1 C- section- wondered why I never had 1 with the other 3 scratch Yep give me the big C anyday sunny
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda73 Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:40 am

i wouldve liked one natural birth, just to experience it but with my first 2 being emergency caesars in the end all i wanted was a healthy baby and i so wasnt gonna get that with a natural birth, and the fact because ive had 6 caesars i cant have any more, makes me wish not all my births were caesars
amanda73
amanda73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum