Deb's Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself

+9
Nat
scrappin4joy
adnchic
vicmbee
Angie
SkyeMJ
Crafty Cat
Debmitchell
kirsten
13 posters

Go down

Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself Empty Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself

Post by kirsten Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:56 am

Hi ladies

Well my name is Kirsten (derrrr as you can tell by my username). I am nearly 29 years old (feel older). I am a SAHM to three girls, Mackenzie 5, Mia 2 and Isla 10 months. It was one of those days today, Mia locked us all out of the house and wouldnt unlock the door. So after 30 minutes of trying to get her to unlock the door, and her screaming at me saying I dont want to talk to you mum. I walked over the road to ring the real estate for the spare keys, and DH walks over with her, she unlocked the door. Screaming and carrying. dont ya just hate days like this one. Well lets forget about that. I am married to Mal, we've been together for nearly 13 years, married for nearly 3. Mal is a nurse unit manager at one of the private hospitals in Toowoomba. We live just outside Toowoomba. We build and sell houses, just sold the third one. Which in the current market will be our last for a while. But its fun, designing and seeing the final outcome. We are havinga few holidays/getaways over the next year or so. I think we've earnt it, and I want a change from my usual day (which all seem to be the exact same at the moment). So we are off to the gold coast this week, then perth next. Melbourne in October. Cairns in March, Adelaide and Townsville next september. Cant wait. I used to work for the government, as a wildlife ranger, park ranger and conservation officer. Great job, crap pay, but very exciting work.

Anyway I have been scrappin for nearly 2 years. This terrible craft gives me bags under my eyes and doesnt let me get enough sleep. pig but i love it. I am up way too late at night scrappin, or thinking about, or reading these forums. I originally got my mum started into scrapbooking because I knew it looked like fun, but I couldnt afford it at the time. But a month later i got a part time job, so I started. And here I am today. Anyway enough boring stuff about me. As I said with SM website, I look at everyones layouts but I dont get time to comment on them all, same goes for these posts I try to keep up to date with them, but dont write much. But I'll pop in when I can. bounce
kirsten
kirsten
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself Empty Re: Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself

Post by Debmitchell Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks Kirsten & lovely to read your Bio Darl, We all understand about the busy days you are having, have fun going away- you are so so lucky!

Deb Very Happy
Debmitchell
Debmitchell
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1025

https://debmitchell.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself Empty Re: Here I am - so many forums to keep up with. I lose myself

Post by Crafty Cat Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:20 pm

A huge big warm welcome from me Kirsten! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and I had a huge laugh at you being locked out and your daughter digging her toes in, don't you just love em!!!!! Little angels only when they are sleeping I reckon, lol. Have a wonderful holiday Kirsten and I look forward to chatting with you again soon babe!

Hugs
Shez cat
Crafty Cat
Crafty Cat
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 330

http://sherryl-artist-at-work-and-play.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyeMJ Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Kisten!
How fun to build houses!!! I used to work as a PA for a big (over paid) architect in Toorak when I first moved to Melbourne... I used to think how exciting it must be for all of the clients to be building these houses!
Is it paperific that you are coming for in October? I think I'll be going - a few of my friends usually set up stalls there and sell their stuff. I missed the Paperific from earlier in the year, but the October one if supposed to be bigger and better!
We'll have to catch up for lunch or coffee or something!

xxoo
SkyeMJ
SkyeMJ

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://skyemj.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsten Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Shez - its amazing how they look like angels when they are asleep, but as soon as they open their eyes. watch out Twisted Evil
Thanks Deb. Looking forward to the break. Just booked a trip to Cairns in March next year (did i say that earlier, oh well).
Skye - building houses was a lot of fun. choosing the colours, spending money LOL. moving and packing not so fun, specially with 3 kids. Yes I am going to melbourne for paperific. I missed out on the expo in brissy, so told DH that if the house sold I would be going to it. Would love to catch up.
kirsten
kirsten
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Kirsten

Welcome to the forum, great to see your bio, you sound like a busy person and how interesting is your career.

Cant wait to catch you around the board sometime.

Cheers Angie
Angie
Angie
Challenge Chic- big time chatter he...he!

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by vicmbee Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Kirsten I had to laugh at your Bio about a month ago my son locked us out of our car with the keys in it. we were visiting my mum which is a 15/20 minute walk away from my house. I had to walk home all up hill, it was getting on dark and grab the spare keys I made sam walk with me as I wasn't impressed at all. I've also been locked out of the house before by my little darlings as well.
Like you I do most my scrappin at night when everyone else goes to bed as its a bit hard to do it with a 4 and 5 year old as my niece is here most days while her mum works.

Have fun on your trip.
vicmbee
vicmbee

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by adnchic Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:46 am

He he!!! Well its great to meet someone whos kids are as frustrating. My little Mr tried to flush his full nappy down the loo last night. Made for a great smelly cleanup job and an unhappy mum!!!!
adnchic
adnchic
Challenge Chic Member- Top Chatter-Chat your ears off lol!

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappin4joy Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Kirsten.....ahhh the joys of kids.....sometimes there is a little devil in them...haha.....Hmmm not so sure they grow out of it...LOL
scrappin4joy
scrappin4joy
Senior Member- 1 of the originals
Senior Member-  1 of the originals

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 am

Hey there, welcome... hope to chat with you more soon Very Happy
Nat
Nat

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-07-17

http://nat9248.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trish Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 am

And a BIG warm welcome from me,nice to meet you,talk soon
Trish
Trish

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by youngones Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi Kirsten!
Treesa here, I thought I should learn more about you seems we are going to be doing each others photo!!
You made me laugh I can relate, my boy locked me out once, I was starting to panic and he was just laughing at me. I too stay up way too late! I can only concentrate when the kids are in bed.
I just told my hubby see I'm not the only one who stays up all night. He said he should start up a forum for srappers widows he said: "Hi I'm Casey, my wife is a scrapaholic"!! He is such a dag!
Anyway I'm just finding out how I get my email address to you, will talk soon Smile
youngones
youngones
Challenge Chic member
Challenge Chic member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by lkamphuis Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:15 am

Hi Kirsten

SO jealous of you going to Paperific in Melbourne - I used to save up and go and spend LOTS - Loved it !!!
We didnt build houses in melbourne - but bought them did dmall things to them and rented them out...ended up with 6 - sold them to come here ald let SHane do medicine- I miss it badly!!
LIsak
lkamphuis
lkamphuis

Number of posts : 392

http://www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by G3 Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Kristen,

Fancy seeing you here. Warm welcome to the forum.
I am amazed by how u do it-build houses, sell them with ur husband having a full time job and u have 3 kids Shocked
I bought a house (frist) and I was zapped by the amount of paper work!!!
Kudos to you and ur effort and passion and stamina.
Hoping to chat with you soon.
Gayatri
G3
G3

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by G3 Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:40 am

Hey sorry once again for spelling ur name wrong. Kirsten
G3
G3

Number of posts : 249

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum